The Bible uses imagery when referring to prophecy. In the following verse, the term beast is used to refer to the Antichrist, who will be the leader of the one world government in the last days, just before Jesus’ second coming. This scripture tells us precisely how his reign will end.
Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.Unfortunately, before Jesus returns to put down their reign of terror, the false prophet will have caused many people to take the mark of the beast.
Revelation 19:20 (ESV)
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
Revelation 13:16-17 (ESV)
God’s judgment for those taking the mark of the beastNot only will the Antichrist and false prophet be eternally punished for their sins, but everyone who takes the mark and worships the beast will suffer the same fate.
And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”Doesn’t sound worth it, does it? But wait… there’s more.
Revelation 14:9-11 (ESV)
So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and harmful and painful sores came upon the people who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.Interestingly, Dr. Sanders who researched RFID implants said that one drawback to implanting an RFID chip under the skin is that if it ruptures, it would cause a boil or grievous sore. Hmmm, this sounds eerily like Revelation 16:2, doesn’t it?
Revelation 16:2 (ESV)
What is the mark of the beast?Revelation 13:16-17 tells us that the mark will be placed on the forehead or right hand and that no one will be able to buy or sell without it. So, it’s clear that it’s a form of identification that everyone on Earth must have in order to buy or sell. It doesn’t tell us what kind of technology will be used. This is understandable since the book of Revelation was written about two thousand years ago and the technologies needed to such a system didn’t exist yet. But we see several proven technologies in the world today that could be used.
For example, Quixster developed technology that scans the veins in your right hand in order to identify you in order to make purchases. No longer do you have to fumble for a credit card, which can be stolen.
Some people have even tattooed barcodes and QR codes on their skin, both with visible ink as well as invisible ink that only appears under ultra-violet light.
However, the technology that will most likely be used as the mark of the beast is the RFID chip. RFID stands for radio frequency identification. RFID chips are designed to transmit your globally unique16 digit number that identifies you. This proven technology appeared years ago and one of the first uses was to identify pets. Today, the RFID microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and is easily injected under the skin.
During his research project, Dr. Sanders determined that the best place to implant an RFID chip is in the back of the hand or the forehead, just below the hairline because these are the places in the human body that our temperature changes most rapidly. This rapid change in body temperature is what recharges the RFID chips. It just so happens that these are the body parts that Revelation 14:9 said the mark would be placed.
For those who might be squeamish about having a chip injected under their skin, researchers have also developed an external RFID tattoo that is placed over the skin. Of course, that means that the RFID circuitry is visible. But not to worry, you can hide it by tattooing an image over the external RFID.
Moving to a cashless systemBecause no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark (Revelation 13:16-17), we know that it will be a global monetary system. This means that the whole world we have to eliminate cash. Without cash, people will no longer be able to buy or sell anything anonymously.
All electronic transactions, such as credit card purchases can be tracked and authorized. Because the Antichrist will control all buying and selling and know who did the buying and selling, this means that paper money and coins must be removed or made worthless. For the Antichrist’s system to control everything, all buying and selling will have to be done electronically.
We’re seeing the world moving rapidly towards a cashless society today. Entire countries are going cashless and conducting all their commerce electronically.
Sweden, Australia, Netherlands, Somaliland, Kenya, Canada, Belgium, France, South Korea, Denmark, and the United Kingdom are already close to being totally cashless. The United States, Israel, and Western Europe are not far behind.
Governments see going cashless as a benefit for them too because the burden of maintaining paper money and coins can cost governments as much as 1.5% of gross domestic product (GDP).
Moving towards a universal identification systemFor a totally cashless system to be implemented and for total control of all buying and selling to occur, the Antichrist will need to know who is doing the buying and selling. This means assigning a unique number to each and every person on Earth.
Here are some interesting facts about the speed at which this is being put into place today:
- 100 nations have a compulsory National ID card while most countries have a non-compulsory ID system.
- Laws have been passed in the United States that will require U.S. citizens to get a global ID, which is being called Real ID.
- U.S. Senator Rand Paul exposed a requirement hidden in the Immigration bill that requires everybody in the U.S. to carry an RFID card. The RFID cards will be linked to a biometric database that supports facial recognition and retinal scanning.
- Japan, Germany, Mexico, African nations, and Israel all have a national ID system right now.
- India rolled out a national ID card in 2009 and is currently scanning the fingerprints and retinas of all of its 1.2 billion citizens as a requirement to receive government assistance.
- China rolled out 1.3 billion National ID cards that have RFID chips.
- The European Union is mandating an ID card that citizens must have to move about freely.
Do we see any signs of the mark of the beast in the world today?Not only do we have the proven technology to support the mark of the beast system but all of the technology that’s needed to enable such a system is already in place today. The only thing left to do is to cause everyone on Earth to accept it.
How will people be caused to take the mark?Before people are forced to choose to either take the mark of the beast or be killed, it will be sold as a convenience. In fact, this is exactly what’s happening today. People are being told that it will make their lives so much easier. After all, carrying a chip under your skin that identifies you can be used for a great number of things.
For example, people are using RFID implants today to:
- Log in to a computer without having to remember passwords or pin numbers.
- Start a car or unlock a door, open a safe, or access your home without a key or combination.
- Pay for your latte with the swipe of your hand.
- Find a lost child.
- Look up medical information. Imagine all your medical records can be accessed instantly. Even if you’re unconscious, the doctor can scan your RFID chip to access your medical records. This has the added benefit of reducing medical errors because your identity and medical records are at the doctor’s fingertips.
And governments are seeing benefits for themselves as well. For example, they can use RFID implants to track parolees. Australia has already said that they want to microchip criminals to keep track of them. The military wants to replace the dog tags that are carried by soldiers with implanted RFID chips.
In addition to the convenience factor, it’s likely that governments will cause people to take an RFID implant. At some point, you can be sure that you won’t be able to do any of the following things unless you’ve taken the mark.
- Board a plane
- Access government services, such as healthcare or social security
- Enter a government building
- Attend public events
- Make routine purchases
- Hold a job
- Get a driver’s license
- Open a bank account
Is there willingness to accept an electronic ID?10% of people in six countries said they’d be willing to use body parts for identification.
20% of Americans are ready and willing to get an RFID chip, according to an MSNBC poll.
The FBI has spent 1 billion dollars and the Pentagon has spent 5 billion dollars on biometric studies and collecting biometric information that can all be linked to your globally unique number.
Because of food shortages, Venezuelan citizens are forced to register with their government to buy food. Their food distribution is under military supervision and the government is marking their hands to get the food. They also want to use biometric information to identify their citizens.
Pope Benedict XVI had his staff at the Vatican carry RFID cards for identification and to track their movements.
Is there willingness to get an RFID chip implant?Some people might be willing to get an RFID implant just because it’s a new cool technology while others might want it for the convenience it provides. After all, you’d no longer have to carry identification cards or credit cards that could be stolen.
In 2008, some hospitals started tagging babies with electronic chips tied to their toes, but do we see any signs today that people are willing to get an RFID chip implanted under their skin? The answer might surprise you.
- The first microchip was implanted in 1998 as reported by the BBC.
- Eye on America showed the Jacobs family getting the VeriChip implant.
- CityWatcher.com is the first company in the U.S. to use chip implants in its employees.
- Employees in Stockholm, Sweden use the chip in their hand to access their office building. In fact, RFID implant parties are happening all over Sweden.
- Do it yourself RFID implant kits have been sold and some body-piercing shops are now implanting RFID chips in people.
- In 2004 the Baha Club in Spain implanted chips in its VIP members so they could use them as identification and used to pay their bills.
- Since 2004, school children in Japan have been tagged with RFID chips.
- Since 2007, Alzheimer patients have been lining up for RFID implants.
- In 2010, Germany issued a national ID card embedded with RFID. Today, one in four Germans say they want the chip under their skin.
- Some police officers in the U.S. have received an RFID implant.
- Some U.S. soldiers are carrying external GPS trackers and are considering replacing them with a chip under their skin.
The secular reporter in this short video summarizes it well.
The benefit of refusing the mark of the beastWith all the benefits of RFID chips and the looming threat of the government imposing penalties for rejecting it, many people will take the mark. As we’ve already seen, many people are already willingly getting RFID implants in their hands. One of the very places the Bible tells us that the beast will put his mark. My prayer for you is that you won’t be among them.
My hope is that the rapture of Christ's church will occur before the false prophet forces everyone to take the mark. There’s no guarantee that will happen but the bible tells us that those who refuse to take the mark of the beast and who also do not worship the beast or his image will reign with Christ for a thousand years.
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.God bless you and I hope to see you in heaven,
Revelation 20:4 (ESV)
- Video series: The Final Countdown and The Final Countdown Update 1 by Pastor Billy Crone
- Video: Breaking News: RFID Microchip Implant Available NOW (March 2015) ABC News
- Video: Cashless Society
- Article: MasterCard Advisors’ Cashless Journey
- Article: Sweden leads world to a Cashless Society in 2015!
- Article: Growing Acceptance Of Microchip Implants - Would You Get Chipped?