My New Years Resolution for 2019

It’s a tradition with many people to make resolutions for the new year. They determine to do some things differently in the coming year or to do some new things they should have been doing already. Popular among them is to exercise more or to lose weight. As usual, most people break their resolutions (or just lose interest in them) in short order. How about this year, we do something different?

I must admit that I lost interest in setting New Year’s resolutions a long time ago for the very reason I stated above. But the Lord has put it on my heart that Jesus is coming soon, so I need to be sure that I finish the race well.
… let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV
We see that the apostle Paul took his own advice when he wrote:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:7-8 NIV
Dear friends, my prayer for you is that you’ll ask the Lord what He wants you to do (or stop doing) in order to finish well. My resolution for 2019 is to stay on the narrow path that leads to eternal life and to be a light for others so they can find that narrow gate.
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV
May 2019 be a year full of blessings for you and your loved ones. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Your brother in Christ,
Daniel

Comments